29.5.13

Quinoa Porridge

Quinoa has become one of my favourite foods! I love having it as porridge in the morning (gives you the perfect energy boost for the day, which keeps me going till the afternoon). Usually, I add some almond milk, shredded coconut and honey. But this morning, seeing that berries are in season I added some blackberries and raspberries (could never get enough of these), some almonds and pre-soaked chia seeds. Some yerba mate green tea and here is the perfect breakfast!
The leftover quinoa I like to add to salads - just cut some cherry tomatoes, peppers and cucambers and add some walnuts and parsley et voila! 
Simple, yet so good! 
The benefits of quinoa are so many. It has been proven that it is the most protein-rich grains and foods in general. It is high in amino-acids, fibre, magnesium, iron, etc. Plus, it is super yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment