8.1.11

The Ultimate Throw-on-and-go Piece

If there is one piece in my wardrobe, which I can wear year after year, and in London I do not exaggerate when I say season after season, this is the cape. Any single piece I have – skinny jeans, body-con dresses and skirts, high-wasted trousers or a pair of shorts, they all look more polished with my belted navy blue cape on.   
Perfectly tailored and a neutral colour were my guiding rules when I went hunting for the perfect coat a few years ago (I believe it was no less than five years ago). I knew that it would be an investment piece, so money made me choose carefully and in perspective of the future. When among the rather dull options of coats I came across this cape, I thought it was different, but classical in the same time. It did answer the requirements, but in the same time it brought a breath of fresh air to my palette of blacks and greys. Little did I know then, that I shall pack my eternal cape to London when I moved here and wear it all year long for the next half a decade. 



No comments:

Post a Comment